To increase the security of your Soundiiz account, it is possible to add an extra login step. With two-factor authentication, you will have to enter a security code after your regular login. The two-factor authentication code changes every minute. Without the code, you will not be to log in.
Why setting up 2FA on your Soundiiz account is important?
Soundiiz is an amazing service to manage all your online music services. Allowing you to create, delete and update all your playlists and favorites directly on one global interface!
While using Soundiiz, you will probably connect more than one of your streaming account to Soundiiz. To fully protect your Soundiiz account and your other linked accounts, in addition, to have a strong and unique password, we recommend you to set up the Two-Factor Authentication process.
Even if not required, be aware that if someone is able to access your Soundiiz account, he will also be able to manage your linked music accounts.
This Two-Factor Authentication is even more important if you have connected artist's music account to Soundiiz, label, or a curator account.
Be aware that enabling the Two-Factor Authentication for your Soundiiz account is only possible if you are subscribing to our Premium plan.
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
Perform the following steps to enable two-factor authentication:
- Go to your user settings (the gear in top left of the interface), in the "Account" tab select "Enable 2FA".
- You must install a TOTP app on your mobile like Authy or Google Authenticator (any other TOTP app could work too) to continue.
Scan the QR code displayed. Once you have scanned the QR code, you will see a 6-digit security code. Enter the security code below the picture. If you can scan the QR code, copy the given key and paste it in your authentication app. It's a "Time-based OTP" key.
- Once your code has been validated, the 2FA is enabled on your account. You will also get some backup codes.
Backup codes are a set of security tokens that don't change (unless you generate new ones). You can use each code only once. It is advised to create fallback tokens, print them and store them in a safe place. To generate the tokens, simply click on Generate tokens. You can view the tokens by clicking on the Show icon. A list with 10 security tokens will be shown, with a button to print the tokens.
You must be logged and a 6-digit security code will be asked for all these operations.
Disabling Two-Factor Authentication
Perform the following steps to disable two-factor authentication:
- Go to your user settings (the gear in the top left of the interface), in the "Account" tab select "Disable 2FA".
- A 6-digit security code is required to perform this action and disabled the Two-Factor Authentication.
- What 2FA methods are available?
- Currently, only TOTP time-based code is available on Soundiiz as 2FA method.
- Why is two-factor authentication a paid feature?
- While using Soundiiz for personal usage with few connected accounts; 2FA could not be required. However, for advanced Soundiiz usage (like curator, label, or artist account), the 2FA additional security layout could be valuable. That's why the 2FA is only included with our Premium offer currently. That feature will maybe be added to the Free offer in the future too.
- Can I set up Two-Factor Authentication with a Soundiiz account created with Google/Facebook/Twitter/Apple?
- Yes! During the login process, use one of these identity providers. Once done, you will then be asked for the Soundiiz Two-Factor Authentication code before access to your account.
- I lost all my backup codes and don't have access to my TOTP app, how can I sign in to Soundiiz?
- We recommend you to contact us by providing as much information about your identity as you can and we will take care of this.
- What about the Two-Factor Authentication if I cancel my Soundiiz subscription?
As a courtesy, we keep two-factor authentication enabled for accounts even after their subscription expires, so long as a refund is not requested. Also, if you are disabling the 2FA later after your subscription is over, you will need to subscribe again to enabled back the 2FA.